[mapguide-users] Re: [Mapguide_users] Image issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 12 13:39:21 EST 2007

martin at pb wrote:
> Hi guys. I've been playing with Mapguide this week and I'm pretty excited
> about the possibilities. I'm trying to get something set up to show off to
> my boss but I'm having really issues getting rasters to work. The error
> message I'm receiving is -
>
> "The feature source is invalid. Reason:
> An exception occurred in FDO component.
> Unable to load the FDO Provider: The specified procedure could not be
> found."
>
> I am running MapGuide OS 1.1 with MapStudio trial using Apache Tomcat and
> JSP on Windows XP SP2.
>
> I have been trying some rather large ecws, before trying some geotiffs I
> sourced at ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/samples
>
> Do I have something superfluous in my providers.xml?
>
> Any help would be most appeciated.

Martin,

I hesitate to comment since I am pretty fuzzy on these configuration issues,
but I was of the understanding that MapGuide OS 1.1 shipped with the
OSGeo.GDAL.3.1 provider instead of the Autodesk.Raster.3.1 provider for
raster data.  Was the indicated provider file the one that came with
MapGuide OS 1.1?

If you do have the GDAL based raster provider you will also likely not
have ECW support enabled as I believe it isn't in the default binaries.

Of course, I could be all mixed up on this.

Best regards,