[mapguide-users] MGOS and provider for raster data by autodesk andgdal

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Jan 26 11:11:47 EST 2007

Following up from Frank's email.  I not NOT speak for Autodesk, but...

Autodesk chose to distribute a copy of their raster provider in
binary-only form as an optional download for MapGuide Open Source 1.0.x
because the GDAL provider was not yet available (and later, had already
been upgraded to 3.2 and would not work with MapGuide 1.0.x).

With the release of MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 (and FDO 3.2) Autodesk is
no longer distributing this raster provider other than with their
"Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise" product.

In your case, it's probably just a leftover from the 1.0.x install.

I would strongly encourage the community to work with the GDAL provider
as much as possible (especially once the wavelet format plugins are
available) so that we can make it as fast and stable as possible.

Jason