[mapguide-users] IE, AJAX and Tooltip Images

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon Mar 12 12:50:43 EDT 2007

This was a topic many months (or more like a year) ago.  When images are
referenced in the tooltip for a layer, the AJAX viewer with Internet
Explorer can yield some very odd results.  If it takes too long for the
image to be returned, say more than 4 or 5 seconds, it's like it tries to
call the image again and then this causes a loop which makes the tooltip to
appear to blink.  For an example that I just ran into, see
http://mapguide.spatialgis.com/mapguide/spokanemaps/.  When you float your
mouse over one of the camera symbols, a DOT traffic camera image should
appear, but often times results in the above behavior.  This works just fine
in Firefox.

Should I enter this as a bug into Trac?  I think it had been previously
entered into Project Tracker so I don't want to duplicate anything.  Thanks.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com