[mapguide-users] Server crashes hard after adding search tool

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 01:08:26 EDT 2007

Hi all.

Here's my new problem: I tried to add search tool to the toolbar. In studio,
I defined which layer I want to search, then added tool to the toolbar, and
saved layout. Just to mention, layer I want to search is from SHP data
connection, and it contains only text (strings), so I would like to make
Search toolbar to search points on the map with certain strings.

When I click on search toolbar, enter query and press Find, server crashes
with "An unclassified exception occurred.". What is worse, I couldn't
restart MapGuide service, even after restarting computer, so I couldn't log
on to the server via studio to remove toolbar. My only solution was to
reinstall Mapguide Server and bring back the backup. So:

1. Does this search tool even work or I should quit trying?
2. What is the best way to back up whole server? Just copy whole
MapGuideOpensource directory?
3. Can I somehow remove this tool manually if this happens again?