[mapguide-users] Suitable Database for MapGuide using FDO

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 02:35:36 EDT 2007

Dhirendra Kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am devleoping Election GIS System using MapGuide and my client
> requirment is to update data during run time. Example :- Suppose today we
> have 30 booths in one district and next year it would increase by 10. then
> how will i display on layer, right now i have only one solution of this
> problem is that create new SHP file and place in MapGuide manually. But my
> client requirment is updation should be Run time automatically. Is it
> possible using FDO ? if yes then which database will be suitable for
> MapGuide ? and please give me detail how will i use FDO in MapGuide.
> Please help me. I am
> waiting.....................................................
>

> Thankyou in Advance
>
> Dhirendra Kumar

I don't mean to be offensive, but it seems to me like you took a task which
is too complicated for you. Election GIS system is not easy at all, and you
are newbie here just like me. To be honest, I would never accept such task
with so little knowledge about system I work with. You're asking every day
few questions and waiting, without reading the documentation, like someone
will do all the work for you. Again, I don't mean to be offensive, but I
think you should consider another solution, or give it to someone who knows
what he's doing.