[mapguide-users] Variable Zoom Factor?

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Tue Oct 9 12:20:03 EDT 2007

When setting up fixed scales for zooming in the AJAX viewer is there a
way to vary the zoom factor between scales? I am currently using
MapGuide Studio to create these levels and it appears to me that I can
only specify the number of scales and the nearest and farthest zoom levels.

On large maps it would be nice to have some zoom levels that were
relatively close together when zoomed in close and then have fewer zoom
levels when zoomed farther out. My main goal here is to reduce the
number of tiles required while still giving the user enough flexibility
when viewing the details of a facilities map.

Thanks

George McLean