[mapguide-users] How to get programmatically a point coordinates?

dorra2007 dorrdor at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 15 04:32:05 EDT 2007

Hello all,
I am beginner in Mapguide and I would like to develop a geolocalization
application.

My problem is :
How to create a JSP/JS file which allow a user to put a marker on the map
when he clics on it.

I think that the first step is to get the point coordinates which is the key
of the probelm, then store them in a postgis database (which is relatively
simple to do), after that create a layer of points (from the postgis
database) and display the symbol in the appropriate place (difficult task).

If I summarize the problem:
1-How to get the coordinate system of a point by listenning the mouse event
(after a clic) (using JSP/JS)
2-How to create a layer (from a postgis database) and display it (using
JSP/JS always).
3-How to integrate my JSP/JS file in my application (create links between
files)

It's very important for me to resolve this problem.
If you have any suggestion, it's welcome. Thank you very much for your help.