[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.0...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Oct 19 01:00:53 EDT 2007

OK, I guess one and a half :)

I was initially thinking that this would only be a problem when initially setting up the map and would have ranked it as a fairly low priority because of that, but I guess if you let the users define the filters at runtime, then it's a real issue.  Is this where you're seeing the problem?  Can you provide details about a real-world scenario on the ticket?  Providing information on why this is a pain point really helps when prioritising  the issues.

Jason

________________________________

From: Zac Spitzer
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] MGOS 2.0...

pick one? these two are closely related :)

Failing Layer filters are a nightmare at the moment, there is no
feedback at all...

This is so the users can tell us it failing, i consider it a severe
bug (ie wrong data!!!) , unless your just using mapguide to render
whole datasets as static maps

> When a layer filter fails layer should be rendered empty
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/289

This is so the sys admin knows it