[mapguide-users] WMS client and multiple projections

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at CSOGIS.DE
Thu Oct 25 08:50:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

I want to use MapGuide as WMS client. The WMS Server I want to connect
supports different projections such as EPSG:4326, EPSG:31467 and more. I
successfully connected to the Wms Server and I can see the layer in the
layer preview in MapGuideStudio 2008 (looks like EPSG:4326).  In my
MapDefinition I have set EPSG:31467 (DHDN.Gauss3d-3) as the map projection
but can't see the WMS layer. I've looked to several logfiles and detected
that the MapGuideServer Wms-Request has parameter srs=epsg:4326 in spite of
the projection in my mapfile. Maybe there is another place to configure a
projection for my wms layer ?

Then I configured my own WMS Server (UMN MapServer) which has only one
associated projection: EPSG:31467. When I connect to this WMS Server with
MapGuide the layer shows up fine in the right projection.

I also tried other WMS-Server with multiple projection and every time the
MapGuide WMS-Request has parameter srs=4326 and therefore never shows up in
my map.
Any ideas how to configure MapGuide correctly?

Thanks, Gunter