[mapguide-users] WMS client and multiple projections

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Oct 25 13:47:41 EDT 2007

I did not have any luck in the limited time I had to try to figure this
out, but theoretically I think that you can set up a config file for the
WMS provider (similar to what you can do with the GDAL provider) and
specify overrides.

The (outdated, I think) XML schema is here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Providers/WMS/Docs/XmlSchema/Fdo
WmsOverride.xsd

And there's an example here (check out the UnitTest directory for
others):

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Providers/WMS/Src/UnitTest/WmsOv
erridesConfig.xml

If you figure this out, please let me know.  Or maybe just start a page
about WMS on either the MapGuide or FDO Trac wikis.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/  (under Technical Links?)
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/  (under Documentation, FDO WMS Provider
Notes?)

It looks like any authenticated user can just sign up for an OSGeo
UserID and start editing the FDO wiki.  I'm not sure about the MapGuide
one.  This is probably a better place for docs than the OSGeo wiki; I'll
have to look at migrating the installer quick starts at some point.

Jason