[mapguide-users] Remove layer C#

Alex Fordyce afordyce at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 5 18:06:21 EDT 2007

I'm to see if a layer exists and remove it if it exists. The layer would have
been saved as a temporary resource. Here is the code.

// get the map
MgMap map = new MgMap(siteConnection);
map.Open(mgMapName);

MgLayerCollection layerCol = map.GetLayers();

if(layerCol.Contains("myLayer"))
{
     layerCol.Remove("myLayer");
}

.... Add myLayer code here .....

I get the following error whether or not the layer exists:

 Compiler Error Message: CS1502: The best overloaded method match for
'OSGeo.MapGuide.MgLayerCollection.Remove(OSGeo.MapGuide.MgLayerBase)' has
some invalid arguments

Source Error:

Line 42: 	if(layerCol.Contains("myLayer"))
Line 43: 	{
Line 44: 		layerCol.Remove("myLayer");
Line 45: 	}
Line 46: