[mapguide-users] SDF & SQL Server 2005 Joined Feature Source

Rahul unicorn_admirer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 23:18:07 EDT 2007

Hi Ronnie,

                 Thanks for your kind reply,Actually first i tried to work with SQL Server 2005 and storing Geometry data using Map3D2008 and i manage to create datastore and edit,delete update etc from Map3D 2008 then i tried to use it for the web and tried to theme and modify using the ADSK Mapguide studio 2008 but here the problem start arising and i unable to get the properties and other things in the mapguide studio although i able to manage connection ang get new feature classes etc but unable to view and when i try to change some themeing condition it use to give error that some table doesn not exists although i can easily work with map3D 2008 with the same table,so then i tried to work with SDF and joined the SDF file with SQL server2005 Views and i tried to query but as you told that it will filter only on primary source of join so i tried to set filter on the primary source of the joined feature source,

  $name = trim($_GET['sDeed']);

        if (strlen($name) > 0 )
        {

   $n=$name+0.0;

   echo gettype($n);---------------------->Double

     $filter="ID=".$n;

      $featureResId = new MgResourceIdentifier("Library://ABC/Data/Estates.FeatureSource");

            $queryOptions = new MgFeatureQueryOptions();
            $queryOptions->SetFilter($filter);

  This use to give the following error in the joined feature source with filter on primary source-

  Double
    ID=1The Property Type is invalid.The Property Type is invalid. Exception occurred in method MgProxyGwsFeatureReader.GetProperty at line 403 in file c:\build_bond_area\bond_nightly\build_41.3\ent\os\common\mapguidecommon\Services/ProxyGwsFeatureReader.cpp

  but when i use the same filter on the SDF File(not Joined) it use to give me the result ,so can you tell me what i am missing or doing wrong and how can i proceed with working SQL Server 2005 and Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2008.

  Thanks
  Max

Ronnie Louie <ronnie.louie at autodesk.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                Hi Max,

  When you have join of SDF to SQL Server feature source, you can only define a filter for the fields from the primary source of the join (i.e. the properties in the SDF).  It is not currently possible to setup a filter for the secondary feature source of a join (i.e. the SQL Server datasource properties).  Depending on what you a trying to achieve, you may be able to get similar desired result by setting up an appropriate theme based on the properties from the secondary feature source.

  Ronnie