[mapguide-users] How to prepare the unmanaged feature source?

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Mon Sep 10 00:48:20 EDT 2007

A basic FeatureSource document looks like something below...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FeatureSource xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
     <Provider>[Name of the provider]</Provider>
     <Parameter>
           <Name>[Connection Parameter]</Name>
           <Value>[Parameter Value]</Value>
     </Parameter>
     <Parameter>
           <Name>[Connection Parameter]</Name>
           <Value>[Parameter Value]</Value>
     </Parameter>
     <Parameter>
           <Name>[Connection Parameter]</Name>
           <Value>[Parameter Value]</Value>
     </Parameter>
</FeatureSource>

[Name of the provider] is the name of the provider (eg. OSGeo.SDF,
OSGeo.SHP, etc)

To determine what parameters are required. invoke the
GetConnectPropertyValues of the Feature Service in your mapagent.

- Jackie