[mapguide-users] Problem with zoom to selection

gom gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Wed Apr 30 10:56:20 EDT 2008

Jackie,

Thanks for the answer.  I just fixed my problem and as usual it was me
missing an obvious piece.  I was not getting an instance of my layer from
the map but rather defining the layer as new.  I was getting correct
SelectionXML but the selected object was not on a layer in the map so of
course it couldn't zoom there.

There should be an mgDummyException for people like me.:)

That error message seems to be specific to the XmlHttpRequest object.

You might want to check the following.

1 - If you are using Internet Explorer, check that you are running the
latest MSXML and make sure the browser security settings are not interfering
with the XmlHttpRequest.

2 - There may be some security settings on the actual machine that are
preventing the XmlHttpRequest object from sending requests.

- Jackie