[mapguide-users] How do i load raster in MGOS 2?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 5 10:18:03 EDT 2008

jamesdudden wrote:
> ok, one more question for now then i will take all this information and
> discuss it with the person who creates the tifs.
>
> What are .ric and .tfw files for - i thought they contained the coordinate
> details - and can MGOS link to them?
>
> Regards
>
> James Dudden
>

> zspitzer wrote:
>> the first one is missing the co-ordinates.. you need to set that
>> value, rasters are fussier

James,

I agree with Zac.  The reason the one file isn't working is that it has
no georeferencing.  If you have a .tfw file with the same basename as
the TIFF file, it *should* get used by GDAL for georeferencing.  But the
gdalinfo report would seem to suggest it is not being used.

Actually, from the email I see that you copied Savills.tif into the
FWTools2.2.1 directory before running gdalinfo on it.  Did you also copy
along any .tfw file to the same place?  The files need to be kept together
to work properly.

Best regards,