[mapguide-users] SV: Runtime map problem

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Dec 3 07:20:18 EST 2008

In that case, you will do something different.

You need to setup the layer to display all points correctly.
Use Studio or Maestro to accomplish this.

When the user needs to view the layer, you do this:
1. Get a copy of the LayerDefinition
2. Modify the "FILTER" property of the LayerDefinition to display only
the required data, eg: "ID > 500 AND ID < 510".
3. Save the copy in the session repository under a random name.
4. Get the runtime map, and either
5a. Replace the resourceId of an existing layer with the one from step 3, or
5b. Insert a new layer into the runtime map, pointing to the temporary
layerdefinition from step 3
6. Make sure the layer from step 5 is visible
7. Save the modified runtime map
8. Refresh the client.

If your map already contains the layer to be show, choose 5a, otherwise
choose 5b.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

padmini godavarthi skrev:
> Hi,
> Thank u very much for u r reply.
> I will check it out .
> My Doubt is that
>
> 1) If i create a package in mapguide maestro , connecing to the oracle how
> can access the data using queries.
>
>    suppose i create a feature  resource for a table data in oracle after
> that i followed all the procedure and created a package successfully. If
> user wants to query this table and wants to display only some of the
> features on the map dynamically .How can i provide this?
>
> If u know this plz help me
>
> Regards,
> Padmini.
>

> Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>
>> There is not much I can say to help you there.
>> It is very difficult to create LayerDefinitions and WebLayouts
>> programatically.
>>
>> The problem with creating a LayerDefinition is the number of properties
>> you have to set.
>> Such properties include, scalerange, point styles, rules, fonts,
>> linewidth, colors, etc.
>>
>> The WebLayout has all the buttons and menu items.
>>
>> I would recommend you reconsider alternatives.
>>
>> To create a new LayerDefinition, simply do:
>> Dim layerdefinition as new MaestroAPI.LayerDefinition()
>>
>> You can use the same approach for any of the other items.
>>
>> Then you can save it as you like, using con.SaveResourceAs(...).
>>
>> There is no help anywhere, that explains what properties to set.
>> You can look in the Maestro code, or examine the Sheboygan
>> LayerDefinitions to see what happens.
>>
>> A simple shortcut, would be to create a "template" from Maestro, and then
>> use that template when you start out. You can then modify the template,
>> and save it as a resource. To produce a "template", simply create a new
>> LayerDefinition
>> in Maestro, and then click the "Edit Xml". Copy-n-paste the Xml to a
>> file (say C:\template.xml).
>>
>> To load a template as an object, you can use (C# code, can never
>> remember generics in VB):
>> MaestroAPI.LayerDefinition layerdefinition;
>> using(System.IO.FileStream fs =
>> System.IO.File.OpenRead("C:\\template.xml"))
>>     layerdefintion =
>> con.DeserializeObject<MaestroAPI.LayerDefinition>(fs);
>>
>> You can then modify the geometry column, featuresource pointer, columns,
>> filter, tooltip and other items, until it fits the newly uploaded
>> SHP file. As I said, it will be dificult, and there is no help avalible
>> for the task. Your primary tool is the error log:
>> C:\program files\mapguideopensource2.0\server\logs\error.log
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>>

>> padmini godavarthi skrev:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Thanks .its working fine now.
>>>
>>> To build a map, you must have all the components:
>>> 1. FeatureSource, references data
>>> 2. LayerDefinition, references a FeatureSource
>>> 3. MapDefinition, references multiple LayerDefinitions