[mapguide-users] Help, 404 erro with MG2 and .net URGENT

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Jun 10 11:29:59 EDT 2008

There are MANY reasons IIS will throw a 404, and most situations never
make it to the log.

The simplest test, is to create a "test.html" file in the folder and try
to view it through IIS.
If that works, try renaming it to "test.aspx" and see what happens.

If the first does not work, you might have security problems.

If the first works but the second doesn't, you might have to enable .Net
in the "Extensions" node of IIS (beware that you need v. 2.0).
Another situation where the first works, but the second doesn't is that
the folder does not allow running scripts.
A variation is that the .Net engine is not registered as a script engine.

If both work but the sample does not, the installer probably missed the
default document for the folder.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S