[mapguide-users] EPSG Coordinate System to local coordinate system

Jamo181 adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Thu Jun 12 20:20:33 EDT 2008

Anyone have any good tutorials on writting the coordinate transformation
codes used in mapguide?

I have data in EPSG:28356 and I would like to be able to transform it to a
local coordinate system, which basically moves scales and rotates about a
point (?transverse mercator?). also to be a pain would this be able to be
done dynamically, or will the map have to be exchanged for another one?

Also I think my work computer may be blocking the EPSG codes in Maestro, my
home PC shows the EPSG codes in the drop down however the work one doesn't
show any, does Maestro grab these codes from a web service ? if so what
service is it and what would need to be done to allow this? or perhaps I've
got something set up wrong.

On another note is it possible to rotate the map ? for displaying purposes?
say I hav a road that runs diagonally across the screen and the user wants
to show in horizontal, I would like to rotate the view without effecting the
coordinates.

Cheers in advance.

Adam J