[mapguide-users] Programatically create MGP Packages or dynamically load shape files

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 10:23:37 EDT 2008

the issue with unmanaged shp's & sdf's is still there....
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/175

if your after performance, create individual featureSource's per file
as there is a big slowdown,

single tiles don't suffer as much as there is one fdo connection per
map request per layer (etc)

with a tiled map you have to multiple that by the number of 300x300px
tiles visible

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Rock Beans <rockbeans at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can always do a unmanaged shp file connection then drop shp files in to
> this directory. From there you have to create layers and map additions
> programmatically using the mapguide api in whatever web language you choose.
> I have heard of some spped issues with unmanaged shps but it may be fixed
> now.
>
> The Rock
>
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:21 AM, littlecharva <littlecharva at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm starting to get my head around the way MapGuide works, and it seems
>> that
>> any maps I want to display have to live in a loaded Package - is that
>> correct?
>>
>> I want to enable my application to accept Shapefiles uploaded by its users
>> and display them.  I can't find any information on loading Shapefiles
>> directly into the MapGuide API, so is there a way to dynamically create
>> Packages and load the Shapefiles into them?
>>
>> I'm not after a solution, just a point in the right direction.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Anthony
>> --

Zac Spitzer -