[mapguide-users] Getting Started Site Admin Problem

Bob W bobweerts at charter.net
Fri Mar 28 07:15:13 EDT 2008

It appears Christy’s idea about MapGuide service running was the problem in
this case.  I don’t know how mgserver.exe is being started, but I see it
running where it wasn’t before.  (I have a useful program free program,
Process Explore, which shows the processes that are running.)  Is there a
procedure to start and stop mgserver?

With MapGuide running I can login to Site Administer.

Should I still open a trac ticket?

This solution has brought me to the next problem: loading the Sheboygan.mpg
package.  I’ve downloaded Sheboygan.mpg, extracted the files and copied them
into the C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Packages directory.  I
can see the file in the directory via Explorer.  MapGuide Site Administrator
– Manage Packages – Load Package displays a “No packages found.“ message,
and no package names appear in the Configure Packages directory table.

Suggested solutions would be appreciated.