[mapguide-users] Not correct work Tomcat

PLohr pmlpml001 at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 06:13:32 EDT 2008

I am using v2.0.0 with the build_apt.sh to setup Apache, PHP, and tomcat.
Using Fedora Core 4 with gcc-4.1.1. The file 'MapGuideAPI.jar' is missing at
/usr/local/mapguideopensource/webserverextensions/www/WEB-INF/lib/. I
discovered this when I realized that http://localhost:8080 returns a
'connection refused' error. In an attempt to correct this, I did a make
clean against .../LinuxApt/httpd-2.2.4 and .../LinuxApt/php-5.2.5 then I ran
./build_apt.sh again. Tomcat nor Apache had makefiles so there was no
obvious place to make clean for either of them. Even after this reinstall,
MapGuideAPI.jar is still missing.

BTW, mapguide.xml was also missing at
/usr/local/mapguideopensource/webserverextensions/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/.
The folders Catalina and localhost did not exist - I had to create them. I
found this file in my LinuxApt folder and copied it to the location
previously mentioned. This did not correct the connection refused error.

Thank you for your help.