[mapguide-users] SVN Fusion broken now...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Sep 8 14:11:30 EDT 2008

I'd suggest asking in the ticket or on the Fusion mailing lists whether
Mike is willing to back-port the fix  for #113 to the 1.1 branch.
Otherwise, you can apply it to your local version; SVN will not
overwrite these changes when you update.

At this point in Fusion's development, I personally don't think that
perfection is a reasonable goal.  There are neither enough eyes-people
running from SVN or testing release candidates-to catch all of the
problems, nor enough developers to fix them all.  As well, the
developers working on Fusion have their own scratches to itch, and are
more likely to put time into these than issues that are not affecting
them directly.

In general though, I feel that the changes that are being made have a
positive effect on the project.  JX updates result in a 100Kb reduction
in compressed JS.  The widget refactoring makes it easier to build
Fusion applications.  These are important both for existing users, and
also to attract new users/developers to the project.

Jason

From: Andrew DeMerchant
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] SVN Fusion broken now...

Hmm - well that does make it work, but that main bug fix I was looking
for (ticket 113) doesn't appear to be in the 1.1 branch...

I've got to say that to me (a user) it seems a bit odd that people would
be spending so much time on so many large changes to Fusion, while we
don't even have a released Fusion that works 100% (the version that came
with MGOS is not deployable as is, at least not for me). I'd be focusing
on getting it to 100% first, and THEN tweaking - but that's just me!