[mapguide-users] Buffering Techniques...

JC650 jmarvin at redwoodcity.org
Tue Apr 7 01:47:13 EDT 2009

I have created a page that buffers a selection to get a larger selection.  Basically the user selects a parcel, enters a radius, and it selects all the parcels in the radius.  The program basically buffers each parcel individually and adds them to the selected features.  Pretty simple stuff.  Works great on smaller selections < 100's of parcels (this is 98% or more of the uses of this feature).

However, say someone does a select radius and gets 1000 parcels, and then buffers off that.  Clearly it is inefficient to get the buffer of the "inner parcels"   I'm wondering if there is a better way to buffer off groups of parcels.

Not sure I explained that great, but I'd be interested in techniques to do that.

Thanks for your help.