[mapguide-users] Custom layouts...

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Tue Apr 7 02:26:42 EDT 2009

Hi I'm also interested in the code that allows the legend to be moved to another frame....

I'm trying to write to/from controls that sit on a page above mapguide.

ParentMainPage
|----AjaxControl
|        |--Panel
|              |---Properties Panel
|              |---Search Panel
|              |---Tools Panel
|              |---LegendIFrame
|----mapIFrame <-- contains the actual mapguide map.

var MAPFRAME = "parent.parent.parent.document.getElementById('mapIframe').contentWindow.document.getElementById('mapFrame').contentWindow";

parent.document.getElementById("LegendFrame").src = "../mapviewernet/legendctrl.aspx?MAPNAME=" + MAPNAME + "&SESSION=" + SESSIONID + "&LOCALE=EN&MAPFRAME=" + MAPFRAME;

So far I can send commands from the AjaxControl and interact with the properties panel without any dramas, the search even works a treat!

The legend interacts via on-off tick box and refresh commands but layers that should not be displayed are displayed and when a layer is switched features on it are not selectable, legend icons are not generated and all get shown as "?". perhaps the location of the MAPFRAME needs to be pased to something else?

MAPFRAME is a valid object.

Any ideas?