[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.1 installer

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Tue Apr 14 00:08:35 EDT 2009

Jackie,

Windows XP Pro SP2 x86
I have installed it correctly now
Deleted all my c:\docs sets\user\temp\*.*
Downloaded and installed vcredist_x86.exe (2008) and vcredist_x86.exe (2008 sp1)
run install again and it worked.
What may have happened prior to install.

1. in the current users temp directory a copy of vcredist_x86.exe already exists (2005 version)
2. MapGuide runs through installation, during install finds that it requires a missing "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)" then proceeds to copy file to users temp dir where a previous copy already exists?
3. Does not overwrite with the new copy, install then tries to verify vcredist_x86.exe and finds it is the wrong version.
4. Installation is stopped.

Might just have been my bad luck and un-clean system :0

I could try and remove the "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)" 2008 and try again just using the installer and grab the installation log.

What is your environment? (Operating System / 32 or 64-bit). Can we get more detailed (error) information?

The installer has a Visual C++ 2008 Runtime installer built-in, and it will install that if it could not find said library on your machine.

- Jackie

Howdy,
Just downloaded and installed the mapguide 2.1 beta installer(MapGuideOpenSource-2.1.0-Unofficial-c.exe), run into an error regarding "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)" the install proceeds as if to install "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)" but fails?

Have I got the right version of the installer?
Should I have already installed "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)"?

I will try and install "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)" by itself and try the installer again.