[mapguide-users] freeBSD install

Marco Battistella mapguide.mb at makeko.com
Thu Apr 30 12:57:46 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am attempting to create a install of fusion/mapguide/fdo in a
FreeBSD environment.
I am encountering a number of issues and i hope someone here can help.
First, i'm not quite clear of the different requirements etc...
I was provided the fusion files created some time ago by a third party.
Reading the installation requirements for these files i understand
that the following should be available:
- webserver (apache 2.2.x) - not a problem
- php - not a problem
- mapguide (which i guess requires java sdk in order to be built)
- fdo (required by mapguide)

I have downloaded the linux install for fdo but i run into a whole
series of errors, i'm not going to get into it, just yet.

My first question is: am i understanding it correctly? Do i need to
install/compile mapguide and fdo in order to have a functional fusion
install?

My second question: has anyone built these under FreeBSD before? And
if so, what's the trick? :-)

Thank you for any reply.
Marco