[mapguide-users] Fusion tiled and dynamic layers same map

Johann Nothbauer johann.nothbauer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 11:43:37 EDT 2009

Hi!

As Fusion 2.0 is using OpenLayers as a base technology, I think the solution
would be to define two 'OpenLayers Layers'. An OpenLayers Mapguide-Layer is
defined by a Mapguide Mapdefinition. So you need to have two Mapdefinitions,
one with Tiled Layers only and one with Overlays only. Then you need to
manually edit the Mapgroup XML to look like something similar to this:

<MapSet>
    <MapGroup id="bhmac_overview">
      <Map>
        <Type>MapGuide</Type>
        <SingleTile>false</SingleTile>
        <Extension>
          <ResourceId>Library://MapWithBaseLayers.MapDefinition</ResourceId>
          <SelectionAsOverlay>true</SelectionAsOverlay>
          <SelectionColor>0x0000FFA0</SelectionColor>
          <Options>
            <isBaseLayer>true</isBaseLayer>
          </Options>
        </Extension>
      </Map>
      <Map>
        <Type>MapGuide</Type>
        <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
        <Extension>

<ResourceId>Library://MapWithoutBaseLayers.MapDefinition</ResourceId>
          <SelectionAsOverlay>true</SelectionAsOverlay>
          <SelectionColor>0x0000FFA0</SelectionColor>
          <Options>
            <isBaseLayer>false</isBaseLayer>
          </Options>
        </Extension>
      </Map>
      <Extension />
    </MapGroup>
  </MapSet>

This will work with the newest Version of Fusion (trunk in SVN).
I think neither Mapguide Studio nor Maestro "know" of the correct structure
for OpenLayers yet. Maybe this will be corrected in the future.

Good luck,
Nothi