[mapguide-users] Should I give up?

Neil_w nwilson at sec-landmgt.com
Mon Dec 7 14:53:15 EST 2009

Not having any experience with web based mapping I am finding it very
difficult to make headway with Mapguide due to the lack of any consolidated
sources for help. I have spent hours searching through forum posts trying to
find answers to questions with little success.

I need help with the following topics:

Can I display DWG files with MapguideOS?
(From what I read, I need to convert them to some other format)

How do I connect to WMS services? (So far I have been able to connect but
when I save the connection as a resource I get errors and I can't display
anything. I haven't found a forum post to clearly outline the steps to
connect and siplay a map form a WMS).

How do I display raster images? (I can connect to TIF images but they don't
display. Also I get only B&W color options. Again I haven't found an clear
outline of steps to dislpay a raster).

What is Fusion and do I need it or can I get by with Maestro? (A web search
on Fusion gives hits on all kids of programiming stuff and I don't know if
it applies. Searches on the forum brings lots of technical stuff but little
helps me to understand if I need it).

I know there are probably answers to all these questions and more but it is
taking days to search and sift through all the irrelevant information. If I
can't find a coherent source for help I'll have to give up on Mapguide, much
as I would hate to, as I can see it would be such a great tool for our
office.

Can I have some encouragement here?