[mapguide-users] Should I give up?

Kori Maleski kori.maleski at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:38:48 EST 2009

Neil,

Don't give up.  Just invest sometime researching.

DWG files are converted either by what is called a Load Procedure in
MapGuide Studio or by an export from Autocad Map.

WMS Data connections simply require the WMS server URL.  This URL is
provided by the vendor you are accessing.  When creating a Layer from that
data connection, it will list available WMS features.

Raster connections will depend on whether you are you use the Autodesk
provider or the GDAL.  For the GDAL, simply set the default raster location
to a folder that can be accessed by the Mapguide Service.  When creating a
Layer from that data connection, it will list available raster features.
You must specify the projection (spatial context) of the imagery, so that it
can be displayed properly.  Depending on the MapGuide version, you may have
to have the map in the same projection as the imagery for it to display.
Depending on the version, the preview for the imagery may fail, but will be
viewable in the final map.

Fusion is installed automatically with Mapguide.  It comes with several
default layouts.  You can edit with Maestro.  Some customization requires
programming knowledge.

Please read through the manuals provided at the OSGEO Mapguide site:

http://mapguide.osgeo.org/sites/mapguide.osgeo.org/files/MgOpenSourceDevGuide.pdf

Also refer to:

http://mapguide-central.ennoble.com.au/

Use nabble to scour the posts for relevant info:

http://n2.nabble.com/MapGuide-Open-Source-f1803226.html

Cheers,

Kori Maleski