[mapguide-users] Should I give up?

Neil_w nwilson at sec-landmgt.com
Mon Dec 7 18:29:24 EST 2009

Mark,

The objective is to serve GIS data to in-house staff who either do not have
Map or who do not know how to use it. I would like to mix in-house data with
published resources and services. Some of our data is in DWG form (contour
maps, etc.). Also I would like to overlay project drawings onto WMS maps if
possible. I can do all of this in ArcGIS and Map but I want to make those
maps available to staff rather than having to build their maps then print or
email them in some digital form.

This endeavor was inspired by a presentation I attended which touted the
ease of distributing GIS via MGOS at minimal cost. Having a distributed GIS
was not a goal set by the company so there is no budget for it. I undertook
this task with the hope that we could get a prototype system started and
evolve it once the company saw it's benefit. Until I get it to that stage
there will be little if any investment by the company.

I'll be digging into the other posts when time permits.

Thanks