[mapguide-users] How to Highlight Line Features

padmini godavarthi godavarthi.padmini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:05:51 EST 2009

Hi,
I attached primary key as "OBJECTID" in my table
then i want to select the line feature based on this objectid.

My code is as follows
-----------------------------

        Dim fetresource1 As MgResourceIdentifier = New
MgResourceIdentifier("Library://WaterNetwork/data/resource.FeatureSource")
        Dim nameQuery1 As MgFeatureQueryOptions = New
MgFeatureQueryOptions()
               nameQuery1.AddFeatureProperty(val1)
        nameQuery1.SetFilter("OBJECTID =20")
        Dim layer1 As MgLayer = map.GetLayers().GetItem("waterpipe")
             Dim value As String = ""

        Dim featureReader1 As MgFeatureReader =
featureService.SelectFeatures(fetresource1, layer1.GetFeatureClassName(),
nameQuery1)
        While featureReader1.ReadNext()
            Dim propertyType As Integer =
featureReader1.GetPropertyType("OBJECTID")
            value = GetFeaturePropertyValue(featureReader1, "OBJECTID")
        End While
        Dim selection As MgSelection = New MgSelection(map)
        selection.AddFeatures(layer1, featureReader1, 0)
        Dim selectXML As String = selection.ToXml()
        selection.Save(resourceService, "watermap")
        Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Page.GetType(), "test",
"select('" & selectXML & "')", True)
        map.Save(resourceService)
        featureReader1.Close()

then after executing this code non of the line was selected.

Has any idea on it?

Thanks and Regards,
Padmini.