[mapguide-users] MgConnectionFailedException Error when creating a Postgis Layer

tmerz trishmerz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:51:50 EST 2009

I have established a new PostGIS conneciton, and tested the connection with
no errors.

When creating a new layer and connecting it to my PostGIS DB, the following
error message occurs:

Failed to read schema from data source.
The operation gave the error message:  The remote server returned an error:
(599)     MgConnectionFailedException.:
Connot establish connection.
Exception occured in method MgServerDescribeSchema::ExecuteDescribeSchema()
at line 173 in file
d:\build\mapguide_open_souce_v2.0\build_30.1\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerDescribeSchema.cpp

The purpose of my MGOS application is to map data housed in PostGIS.  If I
can't access my data through a live connection will have to abandon the
project.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

tmerz

Hi there,

I've found many of the posting regarding connecting PostGIS and MGOS
extremely useful.  I have managed to create a datasource, point it to the
PostGIS database, and no errors are reported when testing the connection.
GREAT!

However...  Now, I am trying to create a map that will allow me to display
my postGIS data.  I have created a new layer in MGOS Web Studio and pointed
the layer to my postGIS datasource (as suggested in step 5-6).

At this point, "Step 7 Select the table to use", I am not able to select any
tables.  I am attempting to select a feature source from the drop down list,
but it is empty.  Should my PostGIS tables show up at this point?

Any feedback regarding displaying PostGIS data after establishing a
connection would be greatly appreciated!

TMerz