[mapguide-users] Source Code for GT - Test Application

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Wed Feb 25 11:49:44 EST 2009

Thanks...both of your suggestions fixed the problem.  I hadn't set the
coordinate system in the map and then needed to change
MgCoordinateSystemTransform.  The first error was just dumb on my part.
Here are my full instructions on how to get the shareable markups to work
using MG 2.0.2.  Not sure if this is the best place to put this or if it can
be copied in a wiki somewhere...

1.	Extract GT.zip to folder called Markup in

C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtensions\www

There are some extra files that you don’t need specifically for shareable
markup tool (other tools in the GT sample application), but it won’t hurt to
extract all the files here.

2.	Place gtconstants.php in

3.	C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtensions\www\phpviewersample

4.	Edit gtconstants:

$INSTALL_DIR = 'C:\\Program Files\\MapGuideOpenSource\\';

$INSTALL_DIR = 'C:\\Program Files\\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\\';

If you installed MG to another directory or if the default directory name
changes, you will need to update this.

3.	Make sure that your coordinate system is set in your map.  If not, you
will get an error that says this:

Argument is null.
Argument is null. Exception occurred in method MgCoordinateSystemCache.Get
at line 120 in file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\common\geometry\CoordinateSystem/CoordinateSystemCache.cpp

4.	Open:

Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtensions\www\phpviewersample\markup\classes\markupeditor.php

On line 57 change

return new MgCoordinateSystemTransform($source, $target);

return $coordSysFactory->GetTransform($source, $target);