[mapguide-users] Final Project about MapGuide

Sergio Nistal Calvo serginistal at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:45:30 EST 2009

Hi, since last March I´m making the Final Project about a study of MapGuide´s tool (version 2.0.1, Fusion 3.0.1). First, I installed the tool with Windows installers. After, thank you, I installed it on Windows through the source code (my partner is in charge of the installation on Linux) and make an application on some data (with MapGuide Maestro), which are "paths" (communication paths of the region of Castilla y Leon (Spain)), "municipalities" (municipal boundaries of the region of Castilla y Leon (Spain)) and "nature" (spaces and nature reserves in the region of Castilla y Leon (Spain)). The "paths" only attribute is the length, "municipalities" only attribute is a code and the "natural space" the name themselves. After enough effort, and thank you again, I managed to run on these data the following features: Get printable pageMeasureBufferZoom:          Previous view          Next view          Initial map viewZoom to rectangleZoom inZoom outSelect modePan modeClear selectionGeneric Tasks:          Query          Theme          Find Espacio           Plot as Dwf           Markup          Zoom to Vega del Duero (specifically zoom)Select WithinView OptionsOverviewSelect more:          Select Radius          Select PolygonZoom:          Initial Center and Scale          Zoom SelectionRefresh mapHelpAbout As lines of future work would be integration with Google Earth.  Now my supervisor asked me to add some more functionality, anyone you think of any functionality that I can perform on this data or may already be implemented and that can send me? Thank you very much, it is important and sorry for my English.