[mapguide-users] 2.1 installation problem

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Jun 1 15:32:28 EDT 2009

Andew,

Don't have a 2.1 installation handy, so locations may be a bit fuzzy...

Could you please check your Apache installation to see if the mapping worked properly.  The configuration should be in:

c:\program files\osgeo\mapguide\web\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf

Have a look at it and see if there are any remaining %MG_  placeholders in there.   I'd be surprised if this was the case though; typically I think this causes the Apache service to fail to start, so you wouldn't get the HTTP errors at all.

Next have a look in the web server logs.  I think they are in:

c:\program files\osgeo\mapguide\web\Apache2\logs  and see if there's anything out of the ordinary in the access or error logs.

Also, make sure that there are no leftovers from the 2.0 install, such as an invalid PHP location in the PATH or in the registry under HKLM\Software\PHP\5.2.5 (or something like that)

Jason