[mapguide-users] ALIAS keeping old path in Package

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Tue Jun 2 11:06:33 EDT 2009

I was wondering if anyone has come across this one:
I have a MGP that has some data sources that point to some TIF files that
use an ALIAS (i.e. "GIS_DATA" points to E:\GIS )

My other server the same GIS_DATA points to C:\GIS, but for some reason, my
data sources all still point to the old location even though I am using
ALIASs.

Error message:
File 'C:\GIS\airphoto.tif' does not exist - if you look at the datastore, it
shows %MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[GIS_DATA]%airphoto.tif

My workaround was by re-browsing to the folder, and saving the data store,
but I have hundreds of data stores.  Restarting has no effect.  Why is the
ALIAS translating to the full path permanently?

Shouldn't the new Alias direct the paths correctly?  Where is this stored?

thanks
gordon