[mapguide-users] ALIAS keeping old path in Package

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Tue Jun 2 12:23:53 EDT 2009

I ran into this when trying to run raster performance tests. I copied over the feature sources as packages, but had to painstakingly open and re-save them all to get them to work. The reason for this is that the configuration document for the feature source uses the real file paths, and not the aliased paths. This is necessary because FDO (which creates and uses the config doc) doesn't know anything about the aliases, since they belong to the MG code.

I think it should be possible to unzip the package, batch update the config docs to use the new paths, and then zip it back up before importing it into the second server. A little ugly, but probably much easier than manually updating each feature source.

Chris.