[mapguide-users] MapGuide v2.1 - Cannot select features on the map

miansi AndreiSinelnikov at SierraSystems.com
Tue Jun 9 02:50:12 EDT 2009

Exactly the same data works fine in MG v2.0.2

From: zspitzer (via Nabble) [mailto:ml-user+1569-572190233 at n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 12:49 AM
To: Sinelnikov, Andrei
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] MapGuide v2.1 - Cannot select features on the map

the error message is rather clear, it looks like your data is corrupt?

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM,
miansi<AndreiSinelnikov at ... <http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3047752&i=0> > wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using MG v2.0.2 with SQL 2008.
>
> I just install MG 2.1 and cannot resolve selection problem - layers drawn on
> the map, but selection not working. I am using SRID 4269.
>
> I believe it has something to do with coordinate system or scale, but I do
> not know how to fix it:
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3047742/coords.png
>
> I tried coord system override on dataconnection and map:
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3047742/_dataconnection.png
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3047742/_map.png
>
> My layer definition looks like this:
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3047742/_layer.png
>
> I see repeatable errors in Error.log, but cannot figure out what triggers
> them:
>
> <2009-06-08T23:38:24>   5584    Ajax Viewer     ::1     Administrator
>  Error: Failed to stylize layer:
> ENGINEEREDSTRUCTURE_ROAD_FEATURE_INTERSECTION
>        An exception occurred in FDO component.
>        RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]A .NET
> Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or
> aggregate "geometry":
>
>        System.FormatException: 24305: The Polygon input is not valid
> because the ring does not have enough distinct points. Each ring of a
> polygon must contain at least three distinct points.
>
>        System.FormatException:
>
>           at Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.Validator.Execute(Transition
> transition)
>
>           at Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.ForwardingGeoDataSink.EndFigure()
>
>           at Micr
>  StackTrace:
>  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers() line 776 file
> c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
> <2009-06-08T23:38:24>   5584    Ajax Viewer     ::1     Administrator
>  Error: Failed to stylize layer: ENGINEEREDSTRUCTURE_ROAD_LINE_ROADWAY
>        An exception occurred in FDO component.
>        RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]A .NET
> Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or
> aggregate "geometry":
>
>        System.FormatException: 24305: The Polygon input is not valid
> because the ring does not have enough distinct points. Each ring of a
> polygon must contain at least three distinct points.
>
>        System.FormatException:
>
>           at Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.Validator.Execute(Transition
> transition)
>
>           at Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.ForwardingGeoDataSink.EndFigure()
>
>           at Micr
>  StackTrace:
>  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers() line 776 file
> c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/MapGuide-v2.1---Cannot-select-features-on-the-map-tp3047742p3047752.html

----Notice Regarding Confidentiality----
This email, including any and all attachments, (this “Email”) is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  Sierra Systems Group Inc. and its affiliates accept no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by any person resulting from any unauthorized use of or reliance upon this Email.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or other use of this Email is prohibited.  Please notify us of the error in communication by return email and destroy all copies of this Email.  Thank you.