[mapguide-users] ODBC Data - Searching with "Search" tools in layout causes mgserver.exe to through exception and die...

Micallef, Michael (MTO) Michael.Micallef at ontario.ca
Thu Jun 18 08:34:13 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am using an odbc connection to an access database. The data the
connection is using is a View defined inside the access database. There
is lat long data in the View and it maps in MapGuide fine (single point
symbol) - I can update the lat/long values fine in the access data
through interaction on the map and using an additional odbc connection
in php to update the location of the point.

When I search using the map studio "Search" created tool (even on just
opening the map - i.e. no php odbc connection) - it returns the records
in the list in the task frame from the search but shortly after clicking
a return item to zoom to the point, mgserver .exe throws an exception
and holds up the sever for a couple minutes - it will eventually zoom to
the point - but the server never functions properly afterwards and need
to be restarted...

Has anyone seen this or know of a work -around?

Mike

Michael Micallef - PMP

michael.micallef at ontario.ca