[mapguide-users] AJAX/FUSION Viewer :: Pass data from Flash to Map (2 Frames)

briancomeau brian.comeau at accenture.com
Thu May 14 15:19:08 EDT 2009

Hi Experts,

I have two frames in a main.php file. One of those frames contains the
reference to the AJAXViewer with the WebLayout that I created, and the other
contains a Flash .SWF. I would like to be able to capture key values from
the selections made on the AJAXViewer and pass those to Flash, and would
also like to be able to pass values from Flash into the AJAXViewer.

I was able to do this using MapGuide 6.5 using simple JavaScript. There were
great examples found online for that sort of thing. As yet, I haven't found
anything similar for MapGuide 2009. If anyone knows how this can be done and
can point me to a sample/example/tutorial, that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Brian