[mapguide-users] Maestro Issues

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Mon May 25 19:08:12 EDT 2009

When trying to use the 1.0.9 build of Maestro I have encountered 2 problems:

1)      Maestro bails when the repository has foreign characters in any of the object (folder) names

2)      Maestro seemingly can't handle large repository trees (although the error I encountered may be related to item 1 as I may have had foreign folder names and objects)

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: Failed to find node with name Épületek és kerítések terept., while looking for: Library://MAV_GIS/Data/Objektumok/Épületek és kerítések terept./Épület tartozékok pontszerű/
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.Maestro.FormMain.FindParent(String resourceID)
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.Maestro.FormMain.RebuildDocumentTree()
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.Maestro.FormMain.FormMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Problem 1 was not an issue using the current preview build on the same repository that generated the above error.

I still encountered Problem 2 on one server with a large repository with a large number of folders and resources using the current preview build. I think the error was basically the xml was too large. I'd have to try and regenerate it for more details.

Regards,
Dave

Dave Wilson
AEC IM CRT, Calgary