[mapguide-users] MapGuide 2010 Fusion --> MGOS 2.0

Fraser Burgess fburgess at lakelandenergy.com
Fri Oct 2 14:49:37 EDT 2009

Hi.

I've created an application using MapGuide Enterprise 2010 with Fusion.
I now want to basically copy all these files across and install them in
the Open Source Version.

I notice a few things in terms of file structure that will need to
change in my source code (i..e the MapGuideViewerApi.js file is in a
different location in MGOS).  I also notice a significant different in
the ..\fusion\lib\ files. The MGOS ones were last modified in 2008 and
the MGE2010 files were modified in 2009.

After trying to migrate across and changing some files around via trial
and error I have yet to manage getting my map up and running MGOS2.0
which leads me here.

-          What version of MGOS would be easiest to make the transition
between MGOS and MapGuide Enterprise 2010? Are MGOS2.0 and MGE2010
compatible at all?

-          Are there any other tricks relating to OpenLayers in MGOS
that differ from MGE2010?  It seems like there is a fair amount of
issues relating to Open Layer when I do this migration

Thanks,

Fraser