[mapguide-users] shp2pgsql

Akram akram at gsg-eg.com
Sat Oct 3 10:06:12 EDT 2009

1- open command window from start>run>cmd , then by command cd open the
fillowing path C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin and make sure that in
this path executable file called shp2pgsql.exe

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3760302/untitled.bmp

2-Now You can load shapefile into PostGIS

Shp2pgsql.exe –I –D d:\shapes\stations.shp stations | psql postgis postgres
•	Command Name	: Shp2pgsql.exe
•	Command Options	: -I –D (that is a captial ‘i’)‏
                                                   This means create a
spatial index
	                                        Load using dump format (faster)‏
•	The path to the shape file
•	The table name to load the file into.
•	 The pipe (|): send the output of shp2pgsql to psql
•	Psql : the command line sql client for PostgreSQL
•	Postgis: the database you want to load the shape file into.
•	Postgres: the username to connect to the database with.

-----
http://gsg-eg.com
http://n2.nabble.com/file/u111068/head2.jpg
GeoService