[mapguide-users] JSP and PHP and fusion

oshan icycool at inbox.com
Thu Sep 24 03:33:00 EDT 2009

Hey Guys

So I'm just trying to get started with mapguide. I want to know if there is
any Documentation specific to using the JSP API. The developers guide seams
focus on PHP.

Also what do you guys think is better to use PHP or JSP?

The reason why I am leaning towards JSP is because it is essentially Java
programming and I am familiar with Java (altho I have never used JSP)where
as I have only slight knowledge with PHP and I also have the perception that
since its Java with the whole OO stuff, it'll prolly be easy to program in!?

Since I couldn't find any JSP documentation I looked at the sample JSP ajax
viewer code and it looks a bit scary: there is a whole lot of code! I would
like to see more of a step by step approach with JSP.

Also I looked into this fusion thing but it seams a bit buggy. I don't know
if any of you have experienced that. Like I would specify some widgets but
they would never show up. I heard that fusion use PHP for it server stuff.
Does this mean I have to configure mapguide to use PHP instead of JSP. when
I install it I set it up to use JSP!

thanks