[mapguide-users] Re: Subject: Best practices for running Fusion within frames

Warren Medernach wmedernach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:31:03 EDT 2010

Ok, so I struggled with this for a bit and between some vacation time and
other projects, I'm just getting back to this...
I wanted to get this down to hopefully help others and also to raise a
question.

As previously discussed in this thread I have a frame based MG site using
the Fusion viewer.  Now, even though I am calling this Search command in a
specified frame I noticed that the URL string variable popup is set to true.
 I had orignally assumed that 'popup' meant a seperate window opening, but I
guess it means any other window/frame besides the Task Pane.  Once I
realized this I was able to adjust the GetParent call to hit the correct
frame.

Now for the question: would it not make sense for the popup variable only to
be set when the New Window option is chosen?

ps. I also like Gordon's method of iFrames and all of the jscript in the top
Fusion index page.

Warren