[mapguide-users] Trouble getting started

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Tue Jan 5 16:12:26 EST 2010

Thanks for the advice.  I have been away from this since before the holiday.  Oddly enough, it now appears to be working just fine.  I didn't change anything, and to my knowledge, the server has not been rebooted since immediately after installing the software.  Oh well, all's well that ends well, I guess.  Thank you for your reply.

Jon

________________________________

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Scott hameister
Sent: Wed 12/23/2009 11:48 AM
To: 'MapGuide Users Mail List'
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] Trouble getting started

I get that error when PHP hasn't installed correctly...Have you tried the web server extensions to make sure they are working at least?

http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/

Make sure Enumerate Resources gives you some XML output...if that is good your FCGI is working...

I think there is a place Where you can set the Windows Environmental variables so PHP loads correctly...

Check The newsgroup with a search...

Also check the handler mappings in IIS again a search in the User group should reveal the mappings

On my install *.PHP mappings begin on the mapguide share to file C:\Program Files (x86)\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\Php\php5isapi.dll and are inherited down..Make sure its local and doesn't say inherited there (bug of seen once)

Your FCGI handler should start at  the mapagent subfolder and point to C:\Program Files (x86)\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\mapagent\isapi_MapAgent.dll

I'm not the expert here just happen to have IIS open and thought I'd chime in.