[mapguide-users] Re: Tool tip issue

LLEUNDD nuell at nicholsenvironmental.com
Tue Jun 8 12:04:48 EDT 2010

The layer I am trying to hit is called "ClientLocations".  I changed the
MapTip widget in the applicationdefinition to this rather than "Parcels".  I
reloaded the webpage and the maptips still don't work.

I played around with the whole set up a little over night and found the
following:

- I save the weblayout in MG Studio as an xml.  When I place that xml into
the following folder
/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/client/
and load the index.html webpage through
www.example.com/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/Client/, everything works
(i.e., I can select points and see the information, I can hover and see the
tooltip for the features, etc.)  The mapdefinition for the weblayout only
has a single point layer.

- when I add the following code to the above applicationdefinition
<MapGroup id="ClientMap">
      <Map>
         <Type>Google</Type>
         <Extension>
              <ResourceId>google</ResourceId>
              <Options>
                   <type>G_PHYSICAL_MAP</type>
              </Options>
         </Extension>
      </Map>
	<Map>
        <Type>MapGuide</Type>
        <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
        <Extension>
	<Options>
                   <isBaseLayer>false</isBaseLayer>
                   <useOverlay>true</useOverlay>
                   <projection>EPSG:900913</projection>
            </Options>
	<ResourceId>Library://testing/Maps/ClientMap.MapDefinition</ResourceId>
        </Extension>
      </Map>
      <Extension />
    </MapGroup>
The google map will load with the points layer visible, however I can no
longer select and get information from a point and can not get the tool tip
to appear for the points.

My thinking is that the option <isBaseLayer>false</isBaseLayer> is messing
things up.  I also have a custom widget that searches the point layer based
on ID.  This widget works without google commercial layer, but fails with
the google commercial layer.  The error I get is:
Object doesn't support this property or method
fusionSF-compressed.js

I have attached the application definition and index file to this post.  I
am using Fusion version 2.0.0-RC1.

Any help is appreciated!
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5154358/ApplicationDefinition.xml
ApplicationDefinition.xml