[mapguide-users] Re: How to rotate the map??

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Tue Jun 22 09:22:03 EDT 2010

Hi, about 12 years or so ago, I came up with a trick for the old MapGuide..I
would create a coordinate system using the Oblique Sterographic with
OSTEROUS coordinates with WGS84.
"Gord's Coords" they called it.

You can set the parameters such as:

      <Projection Code="OSTEROUS">
        <LatitudeOfOrigin>49.2124055555556</LatitudeOfOrigin>
        <LongitudeOfOrigin>-122.917591666667</LongitudeOfOrigin>
        <FalseEasting>506001.915</FalseEasting>
        <FalseNorthing>5451071.504</FalseNorthing>
        <MapScale>1</MapScale>
        <ScaleReductionFactor>1</ScaleReductionFactor>
        <CombinedScaleFactor>1</CombinedScaleFactor>
        <UnitsCode>METER</UnitsCode>
        <UnitsScaleFactor>1</UnitsScaleFactor>
        <P1>-39.5</P1>

The most important part was the P1 parameter (or rotation).

I used this technique for printing with the Dynamic Authoring Toolkit.  I
have defined this in Autodesk Map 3D and ported the CSD files over to
MapGuide in the past, but I would love to the PROJ WKT definition for this
if anyone has it...