[mapguide-users] Re: Images into custom symbols

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Wed Jun 23 01:31:58 EDT 2010

My reference to MapGuide Studio was the only thing that I could find
regarding what type of image file formats may be supported other than png.
I dabbled with Studio a while back and tested creating symbols and based on
some old symbol library resource that is still on my test server I think you
are right Jason, it did convert to dwf.  So perhaps those file formats are
really not supported in MapGuide, just formats that Studio is able to
convert from.  I am using Maestro now, so whatever Studio supports is not
available to me.

I did see that wiki page, but perhaps I do not understand enough about the
SymbolDefinition schema to properly reference the image file (non-PNG image
file).  Like I said, if I change the file name to XXX.emf and upload the emf
file, the images do not appear as symbols for the layer.

Any thoughts or sample SymbolDefinition files that I could try?  Thanks.

-Steve