[mapguide-users] Re: Packaging MrSID file (10gb) for use in Autodesk MGE 2010 (Newbie Alert!)

DGK kerrcad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 09:22:46 EDT 2010

Jason Birch wrote:

> In your case though, I believe you are  running into the maximum MGP file
> size, which may be as low
> as 2GB...
>
> Jason
>
> On 22 June 2010 12:00, Dan Kerr wrote:
>
>> If attempt to make package of 10gb MrSID in MG Studio, get maximum file
>> size exceeded error.

I believe you are correct about the 2gb MGP file limit.  The failures from
multiple creation attempts were always nearly, but not quite, 2gb.

After reading the up on the resources posted by Tom (above) and the 2010
courseware provided by a link from zspitzer (also above) I may be back
asking how to break up a MrSid file.

But for right now I have enough to do.

Thanks,
Dan